Monthly Archives: March 2016
Good day all Cross Country Friends
We are busy getting everything in place to make sure 2016 will run smooth and the Cross Country Commission is ready for the first league. As in the past I would like to bring a few things under your attention. I want to ask you to get all the necessary administration requests in place. Failure to do so will definetly affect the athlete negatively at the end of the day.
The fixture list, as it is currently, is available 2016 Cross Country fixtures – 17 March 2016 . The programs have been included. All the Ehlanzeni leagues will be morning leagues (Morning Program). Please look out for the newsletters which will indicate which of the Nkangala and Gert Sibande leagues will take place in the morning and which will be in the afternoons (Afternoon Program).
Here are a few things all athletes need to know:
- All athletes must complete a registration form this year. The form and a certified birth certificate or ID document must be submitted, on the latest, at the third league. NB: You will not be taken into consideration for the Mpumalanga team for the Interprovincial championships if we do not have your registration form and birth certificate/ID. (Click here for the form Registration Form)
- The Criteria 2016 is available. Please read through it carefully and make sure you follow the rules.
- Make sure you conform to the criteria for selection if you want to be considered for selection into the Mpumalanga team.
- Athletes who are not take up in the Mpumalanga team for the Interprovincial championships, can use the Interprovincial championships as an extra league. We can allow it this year since we will be hosting this event in Mpumalanga.
- Very important – Athletes in the age group 5 years to 29 years: You must use the year in which you were born to determine which age group you will be participating in. For athletes aged 30 years and older, you have to work on your age on race day. If you are not sure, please ask.
- IMPORTANT WARNING: Before the season starts we need to remind all athletes to run with their own numbers. Do not use another athlete’s running number. Unfortunately there were athletes who did not comply with this. Penalty is suspension for a period to be determined by the Disciplinary Committee. If you forgot or lost your pemantent license, it will be better to buy a temporary license number.
Yours in running