Monthly Archives: September 2016
Good day all Cross Country friends
It is a few days before the 2016 Cross country championships will take place. All the information we have put out earlier are still in place and most of the information that will go out today is for the athletes who will make use of the transport and accommodation.
Remember: I will be picking up all the tracksuits and attire that need to go to George, tomorrow. I am only the courier of the clothes and you must make sure that your arrangement with Mpumalanga Textiles are in place and your order is included in the box.
YELLOW BLOCKS on the attached team list, indicates outstanding information. Athletes who have not paid their registration fees/bus fees, need to confirm whether they will still be going to the SA’s. It is important that you urgently contact the office or myself.
Athletes who will be travelling by bus, please take note:
- You must take your own bedding. The Hostel is only providing the beds/matrasses.
- Make sure you eat at home before you leave for the bus on Thursday. The travel pack will be handed out very late that night when the buses come together and most of the items in the travel pack must be kept for breakfast and onward.
- REMEMBER NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE BUS IF YOUR INDEMNITY FORM IS NOT FILL IN CORRECTLY AND SIGN BY THE CORRECT LEGAL PERSON.
- Each bus have team managers who will be responsible for the admin and care of the people on the bus. Their names are on the attached bus schedule.
- It does not matter where you get onto your specific bus (for example Nkangala bus: Mhluzi/Middelburg/Witbank) , just make sure that you get onto the bus for your area, as listed.
- Make sure you are at the pick up point at least 30min before the departure time. The bus can not wait for anyone as the time schedule was worked out according to the arrival time in George. If you are not on time, the bus will leave without you.
- With the arrival in George, we have arranged for lunch at the hostel (between 12:00 – 14:00). If the busses arrive according to the time schedule I will meet you there where we will then go through further arrangements.
- If you can not join the team remember to contact me or Hellouise. If an athlete do not pitch up at the championships on Saturday (NO SHOWS) without informing us before Saturday, it will influence your future selection to the team.
Lastly, I hope everyone will travel safely to George and we as Mpumalanga team must look after our team mates. We are a great team and I know everyone will give there utmost best during their race.
Yours in athletics