Cross Country – News letter 2 of 2016
6 April 2016
Good day all Cross Country friends
NEWS LETTER 2/2016
We are nearly at the start of the new season and it is clear that everyone is looking forward to a great 2016 season.
Firstly I want to encourage all athletes to join a club. This will be much cheaper for athletes who are 13 years and older who must be in possession of a number, than to buy a temporary license number at each event. Most importantly, it gives you identity. The only way to get a race number is by joining an affiliated club. There should be a club in your area and if you can’t find a club close to you, please contact the office who will be able to give you information on the clubs in your area.
The first league will start on 16 April 2016 and the venues will be:
- Nkangala – No league due to the Loskop Marathon.
- Gert Sibande – Secunda Stadium which is hosted by Sasol Embalenhle Sport Centre (Morning Program).
- Ehlanzeni- Lydenburg High School (Morning Program).
Currently there is only one event planned for League 2 at Nkangala. The venue was cancelled on short notice and a new venue can only be finalised within the next few days. Notifications on the venue will be sent out as soon as this has been finalised.
The third league will take place on 30 April 2016 and the venues are:
- Nkangala – Cambridge Academy : Emalahleni (Witbank) (Morning Program)
- Gert Sibande- No league
- Ehlanzeni- Great East, Bushbuck Ridge, (Morning Program)
Take note, the entry fee for 2016 will be R25.
The contact details for each area are as follow:
- Nkangala: Mari- 083 2332677
- Gert Sibande: Michael- 082 336 0662
- Ehlanzeni: Boikie- 082 977 1665
You are welcome to contact me at 083 6308 729.
Keep in mind that you are welcome to run in any of the three areas. For example if you stay in Secunda but you are visiting someone in Middelburg or you are with your school with a sport, you can join that league if it is within the time schedule.
- We need a certified copy of your birth certificate or Identity Document.
You need to complete and submit the registration form. This is requested every year to make sure that up to date information is used. This need to be submitted at the latest on the league of 7 May 2016. Only athletes whose information and documentation have been received, will be considered for inclusion in the provincial teams.
- The Criteria for 2016, the programs as well as the fixtures for 2016 are available. Please make sure you read through the criteria. This will avoid any misunderstandings when we have to select the team at the championships.
These documents can also be downloaded from our website: www.athleticsmpumalanga.co.za
Please remember that the Interprovincial Championships will also be counted as a league for our athletes since we will be hosting the event this year. The athletes who are not selected for the Mpumalanga Team must run with their club attire. Also take note that League 6 will be used to select the Mpumalanga Team for the Interprovincial Championships.
We are looking forward to seeing all the old faces and to welcome the new ones. Make sure you prepare well and remember to look after your health, the winter is drawing nearer.
Yours in athletics
CHAIRMAN: CROSS COUNTRY COMMISSION
083 630 8729